Open Requests are waiting to be filled
The list below contains requests for Pet Therapy Services from facilities and individuals in the Midlands. If you are a Pet Therapy Team, please contact them directly to meet their request. Or, you can Contact Us, and we will assist you in working with these Open Requests.
- Description: This assisted living facility in the northeast area is looking for Pet Therapy Visits any day of the week, including weekends.
- Contact: Tammy Brown at 803-682-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellmore of Lexington
- Description: This Retirement Village behind Kohls is looking for weekly visits at 11:00am during the week (Monday – Friday).
- Contact: Johnaca Antolik at 803-537-0547 or email@example.com.
HarborChase of Columbia
- Description: This assisted living facility in the Harbison area is looking for Pet Therapy Visits any day from Monday through Saturday at any time from 1:30 to 4:30.
- Contact: Margorie Richardson at 803-490-5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frances Mack Intermediate School
- Description: This school in Gaston serves special needs kids ages 5-12. They are looking for ongoing visits to the children.
- Contact: Michelle Jordan at 803-603-7694 or email@example.com.
3 Rivers Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
- Description: A program for military and 1st responders with PTSD.
Days and hours are flexible.
- Contact: Contact Nancy at 803-744-3209 or at NancyPilat-Renner@uhsinc.
Carolina Gardens of West Columbia
- Description: This assisted living facility is looking for visits from Pet Therapy Teams in their memory care unit on Tuesdays after lunch.
- Contact: Contact Elizabeth Galgano at 864-494-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Description: This hospice is looking for teams to visit patients both in the Lowman Home in White Rock and in other facilities in the area.
- Contact: Contact Kendra Neely at 803-513-7034 or kneely@Lutheranhospice.org.
- Description: Homestead is looking for teams to visit both homebound patients and patients who are in local facilities.
- Contact: Contact Erin at (w) 803-509-8844 x 205, (c) 203-494-7549 or email@example.com.
Palmetto Senior Care
- Description: This day program for adults 55 and older is looking for Pet Therapy visits weekdays from 1:00 – 3:00. They are located in West Columbia.
- Contact: Contact Cathy Filicky at 803-939-8400 or Catherine.Filicky@palmettohealth.org.
Helping Hands Adult Day Care
- Description: This day program for dementia patients is looking for Pet Therapy visits either 10am-11am or 1pm-2:30pm, any day Monday through Friday. They are located in Cayce.
- Contact: Contact Julie at JulieBuckley29033@gmail.com or 803-238-3217.
- Description: Mr. Caughman is looking for Pet Therapy Teams to participate in the READ program. This public library is located in the northeast.
- Contact: Contact Taylor Caughman at 803-699-9230 or TCaughman@richlandlibrary.com.
Gilbert Middle School
- Description: Located in Gilbert SC, this school is looking for Pet Therapy visits for their Special Education program of about a dozen kids with mild educational disabilities. Monday or Wednesday mornings for 30-45 minutes weekly is what they are looking for.
- Contact: Contact Amy Cooper at 803-317-5162, 803-821-1764, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Langford Elementary School
- Description: This school is in Blythewood. They are looking for a Pet Therapy Team to help children to read.
- Contact: Contact Mary Dieguez at 803-741-6423 or email@example.com.
The Burton Center
- Description: This day program for adults with disabilities/special needs is looking for Pet Therapy Teams on Tuesdays at 10:00am. They are located in West Columbia.
- Contact: Contact Kim Smith at (803)794-6110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Gardens Lexington
- Description: This assisted living facility is looking for teams willing to visit on Monday mornings.
- Contact: Contact Kimberly Leong at (803) 520-5850 or email@example.com.
- Description: This facility is looking for teams willing to visit for about an hour at either 10am or 2pm during the week.
- Contact: Contact Tara at 803-741-9090 ext. 321, 803-707-9040 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deepwood Estates of Lexington
- Description: This independent living facility offers flexible days and times for visits.
- Contact: Contact Megan at Megan.Owens@holidaytouch.com or 803-673-9558.
Oakleaf Village of Lexington
- Description: Flexible hours for visiting residents at this assisted living facility.
- Contact: Contact Spencer Boyd at 803-808-3477.
- Description: Looking for Pet Therapy teams to visit patients in homes and facilities.
- Contact: Contact Barbara Rowell at 803-454-9035 or email@example.com.
Carolina Gardens at Kathwood
- Description: Senior living facility on Trenholm Rd. Flexible days and times.
- Contact: Contact Janelle at 321-848-1407 or Janelle.Sikora@gmail.com.
- Description: Memory care facility in West Columbia. Afternoons are best.
- Contact: Contact Cora Myers at 803-796-2556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenni-Lynn Senior Living
- Description: Facility in West Columbia. Flexible days and hours.
- Contact: Contact Renate Marek at 803-445-6560 or email@example.com.
Bridges Clubhouse (Mental Health of SC)
- Description: Formerly Day program for high functioning adults on Fridays 12:30 – 1:00.
- Contact: Contact Keya Fowler at 803-796-6179 or kfowler@mha_sc.com.
Sexual Trauma Services
- Description: Rape Crisis Center for Lexington, Richland, Sumter and Newberry counties requests Pet Therapy visits in all locations.
- Contact: Contact Sherry Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-790-8208.
Opus Post Acute Rehab
- Description: Formerly known as Agape West Columbia. 300 Agape Dr., West Columbia. Flexible days and hours.
- Contact: Contact Annie Keaton at 803-361-0710 or akeaton@Esignservices.net.
Summer’s Landing Independent & Assisted Living Community
- Description: 651 Polo Rd., Columbia 29223. They would like Pet Therapy visits during the week in the afternoons.
- Contact: Contact Chelsea Goodnight at 803-788-9555 (office) or 404-245-2113 (cell) or email@example.com.
The Haven in the Summit
- Description: An assisted living facility in northeast Columbia. Hours are flexible.
- Contact: Keyotta Jackson at 803 788-4633 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities/sc/columbia/the-haven-in-the-summit
Palmetto Senior Care
Prisma Health Baptist Hospital
- Description: This hospital in downtown Columbia is looking for pet therapy teams for weekdays and weekends.
- Contact: Betsy Neal, Manager of Clinical Services, at Betsy.Neal@PalmettoHealth.org or 296-5546.
- Website: www.palmettohealth.org
Abbey Road Hospice
- Description: Locations in Columbia, West Columbia, Lexington, Newberry and Camden anytime between 9:00am – 6:00pm, 7 days per week.
- Contact: Laura Harris at 803-551-5552, ext. 117 or email@example.com.
- Website: www.abbeyroadhospice.com
Prisma Health Richland Springs
- Description: Richland Springs psychiatric unit is looking for Pet Therapy on Sunday mornings from 10:00am – 11:00am.
- Contact: Betsy Neal at 803-296-5546 or Betsy.Neal@PalmettoHealth.org
- Website: www.palmettohealth.org
Lexington Medical Center
Prisma Health Richland
- Description: Visit the adult and heart hospitals 7 days a week, daytime and evenings.
- Contact: Diane Clarkson at 803-296-2273 for more information.